Sunday, September 25, 2011

stats and ecstasy.

I recently discovered the "stats" tab on the blogger dashboard. Oh, it is my favorite thing now to see how google is bringing people to find this humble little blog. But, what is alarming is the google keyword searches that have lead to pageviews.

The top five all time:
5: blogging molly
4: yo gabba gabba be nice to everyone
3: blue valentine eagle
2: paul rudd barefoot
1: what it feels like to be on molly

So, number five makes sense. Number four is a super funny song from what I like to call the hipsters' caffeinated Sesame Street. Number three kind of surprised me, I'm not going to lie. But, number two? How many people are googling the phrase "Paul Rudd barefoot"? And, why is that leading them to me? Now that I've typed it, and posted it here, ok, but there are no posts about Paul Rudd being barefoot on my blog. I like Paul Rudd fine, but I don't want to even think about his feet. And now we come to phrase number one. If I didn't know that molly was a drug, I would feel scandalized! Then I'd realize they must be talking about Molly Sims or something. But I do know that Molly is a drug. It is confused with and some say it is the purest form of ecstasy, but it's apparently different. I don't know.

I was so shocked that this was the number one phrase bringing strangers to my blog from google that I brought it up in our presidency meeting this morning. At which it was decided that I should change the name of my blog to "The Purest form of Ecstasy." While that is not going to happen, at least not today, I do think it is super funny.

That being said, to all of the druggies/inquiring minds reading my blog. I say, "hugs, not drugs" and "Get high off of life!" and "I'm not a chicken, you're a turkey." But I should also encourage you, along with Michael Jordan and Mars Blackmon to stay in school!

And if you do decide to do drugs, don't do meth. I've been watching Breaking Bad, and boy howdy, that is some rough stuff.

No comments: