Wednesday, September 28, 2011

GleeCap: I Am Unicorn

It's time for this week's GleeCap:

Greater than the potential Bravo show 'Real Housewives of Reno'
- Bieste is Artie's "own private Jim Henson." +4
- Glee finally showcased Chris Colfer's sai twirling skills. +8
- "First of all, smoking kills. Second, it really does make you look cooler, doesn't it?" +5
- Artie's reaction to Bieste saying she wants "a Tony who excites my lady parts." +10 plus his reaction to Blaine's song, +5. He is priceless.
- "And now, after a long day of snorting splenda and cutting class, she kills the pain the only way she knows how, smoking corn starch."  +7
- Will getting his Robin Williams in Dead Poets Society on yelling at Quinn about accountability. +12, and then Becky saying, "that was hot." hilarious. +3
- When Puck isn't fetishizing Lauren, I like him so much. "Menthol 100s, really skank?" Hilarious! And then he learned that Napolean wasn't just a dessert. +5
- The more Burt Hummel is on Glee, the more I am convinced he is the greatest dad on TV. +7
- Idina Menzel and Lea Michele are SO GOOD. While I am unwilling to suspend my disbelief on why Ms. Menzel is at WMHS, I am totally okay with her being in musical numbers. +6
- Also, Blaine is delightful. He can and should sing in every episode. +5
+77

Less likely than someone setting up scaffolding to climb around on for an audition for a high school production of West Side Story
- Glee hires Cheyenne Jackson to be the director of that rival group, and they don't have him sing before they announce that he was fired?!? -30 please utilize your resources better.
- Mandatory booty camp is after choir practice. So, presumably choir practice is after school. When is football practice? Mike and Finn would need to be there. -13
- Idina Menzel is a part time teacher funded entirely by Al Mata? puh-lease. -20
- "I don't want to be known as Kurt Hummel: Homo" "What's wrong with that?" Brittany, you know I love you, but Kurt is multi-dimensional, (did you see him twirl those knives?) despite the fact the writers don't write him that way. No points, I'm just saying.
- I still don't believe Quinn's transformation. Writers, you are really pushing it. It's like you're out of ideas, and grasping at straws. You can do better. -12
- Blaine, who was a junior last year, said he was a junior this year. Continuity - 10 (only ten, because I like Blaine.)
-85

I was pretty bored with this episode. It kind of felt like I was watching an episode of Gossip Girl.  At only a -8, I'm not going to commit to a strike, but I'm not exactly committed to that commitment. 

No comments: