Friday, March 30, 2012

Relax...

How do you know when enough time has passed to make fun of or rant about something someone you know and see on a regular basis did or wore? Probably the answer is it is never ok. Oh well, sorry in advance Mack Daddy.*

So here's the story: A few weeks ago, a guy I have known for many, many moons, showed up to a social function (the type of which will remain nameless, let's just say the initials of this kind of event are F, H and E.) wearing a t-shirt not unlike this one:

(I suck at being vague. It was exactly this shirt.) I made a small deal about his shirt, trying to understand why he would 1. like this shirt enough to purchase it and 2. after obtainining said shirt wear it. I think, I think, he is wearing it to appear non-threatening, charming and datable.** Here's the rub though, it kind of sounds like something someone would say when...how to put this delicately...they were about to force themselves on you.  It's the "relax" bit that really (and I mean REALLY) screams "date rape." According to this shirt, there is a fine line between cuddling and holding you down so you can't get away.

This t-shirt would be significantly less creepy if it simply said, "I just like to cuddle," or better still, "I like to cuddle."

*Maybe by calling him Mack Daddy*** it will soften the blow?
**All of which aren't particularly far from the truth. 
***The nickname he tried to give himself.

1 comment:

Britt said...

Soooooo date rapey