Thursday, March 29, 2012

baby animals = cute overload

One of my favorite blogs is Wired Science.* A couple of days ago in a post about the Caifornia Condor baby at the San Diego Zoo they linked to the blog ZooBorns, which has swiftly become my new favorite thing on the internet. But today's post about Prince Harry the hippo in South Africa just about did me in.  I love hippos. Even though they kill more people than any other wild animal in Africa. I love them. When I was in South Africa I desperately wanted to meet Jessica the Hippo --I know we were close to her, she lives in Hoedspruit, SA and the tree house we stayed in was in Hoedspruit. Alas.**

I digress.  This little Prince Harry hippo is just about the cutest thing I've ever seen. (And only for half a second did I want his caretaker to put a little tutu on him and turn on The Dance of the Hours.)



*Why are you surprised? Jerk. I like sciencey things!
**We got pretty close to a pod of hippos on a tiny boat in the Zambezi River, and that was both awesome and a little bit disconcerting. None seemed as friendly as Jessica, so unfortunately, no friends were made.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Hippos are fascinating! I had to show this to the science teachers I was sitting with in a meeting this morning.