Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Have You Heard: La May & Company

I woke up on Sunday with, of all obnoxious songs, She's Like The Wind* stuck in my head -- and I mean tapeworm stuck. UG! I don't know any of the words (excepting of course the phrase "she's like the wind") and I don't like that song at all. When I mentioned to a couple of girls at church that I couldn't get that song out of my head, someone suggested that I was trying to tell myself to watch Dirty Dancing.

Let me set the record straight. I know myself, and I would never make that suggestion for me. I've seen that movie .5 times, and I just couldn't handle it; it is not a movie for me. So, I'm pretty sure the last thing my subconscious would be telling me would be to watch Dirty Dancing.

Fast forward two days, and this song, and by this song, I mean that line, was still in my head. I'd been listening to a bunch of other stuff trying to get it out -- nothing seemed to work.

But then, Lucille 2 on shuffle came to my deliverance with this little ditty:



Thank you funk phase circa 2010!  Now instead of [phrase that shall not be uttered] I've got "Free! (Free) Free! (Free) Free the soul man! HEY! Set him free. HEY!" in my head. And for at least the time being, that is a great, great thing.

*I don't mean to offend, I'm sure it's a perfectly nice song once you listen to it. But it's been three days, people!

No comments: