Saturday, March 13, 2010

Drawing upon...

I just got home from my last drawing class of the term, and I'm super sad about it. Before this drawing class I could barely make a stick figure, and now, I can do a lot better than that, but I still need tons and tons of practice. One of the ways I've been practicing is by trying to draw other peoples' illustrations, mostly Garance Dore's - because she is amazing. Je suis obsessed avec her, c'est vrai absolument! So, while I practice, you can look at her amazing, amazing illustrations.







And, while we're on the subject, I found this amazing image in an old Sotheby's catalog, and I'm fairly obsessed with it too.



I've got a lot of practicing to do.

3 comments:

Deanna said...

I was forced against my will to take an illustration class for my G. design major and I totally ended up liking it a whole bunch.
xoxoxo

whitney allison said...

oooh, pretty.

Birgitte said...

wow- these are great!