Thursday, December 17, 2009

Fashion! Turn to the left. Fashion! Turn to the right. We are the goon squad and we're coming to town. Beep beep! Beep beep!

After getting my Vogue in the mail today, I did my initial read-through, which is a page by page glance through to look at all of the pretty pictures, and will occasionally include reading an article or two, depending on the subject. This month's best dressed list was a culmination of the decade's best, and it included an invitation to voice opinions via votes on our favorite looks.

I have an elaborate filing system in place to house magazine clippings, sketches, what have you, of things that inspire me. A quick glance through that would tell you I have very specific ideas about colors, patterns and lines of clothing. When vogue.com showed me my picks for the best dressed of the decade, I decided that I am INSANELY BORING.

But, I was only torn on a couple of years. I could have easily picked Queen Rania or Jennifer Lopez in 2001, or SJP in 2003, or Alexa Chung for 2009, but that doesn't really open up the pallet. Like at all. I'm over it.

And now, on to Who What Wear. I have to say, I've gotten their emails for about two years, and I like them less and less every day - their style is way too California-trendy-trash for my taste. I don't think I'm their target demographic. I keep subscribing because every now and again they have cute Kayleen McAdams on to teach me how to rock gold eyeliner, or what have you, and sometimes they have cute clothes. Like in their December Editorial that they sent out last week, they featured a Katy Rodriguez dress that I'm pretty much in love with, despite their attempt to flog it to death with over-styling, ahem, heinous puffy coat, I am talking to you.

No comments: