Monday, December 14, 2009

Dancing.

I am not in my hip hop class right now. Last Monday was the last night, and I'm kind of bummed about it. Let me start off by saying it was a community center class, so there were all sorts of suburban-ites in it. Lots of middle-aged women who made me feel not so bad about my own lack of coordination. The class left me either entirely confused and feeling awkward, (4 body rolls in a row? are you kidding me?) or completely bored - there was no middle ground. But truly, I am not a hip-hopper. One time, our aged 40+ teacher pointed out that Shara, Becky and I were all a little too "Fame" with our moves. Speaking strictly for myself, I am definitely more inclined to jazz hands than any other bodily movement. Actually, when thinking about how I actually dance, it is pretty much perfectly captured in these two clips:





And how awesome is this imageI stole, without permission from Jooj? Maybe someday, I'll dance like them.

2 comments:

Deanna said...

shake your booty!
xoxoxo

joojierose said...

no seriously and the fact that they're thousands of years old just makes them that much more endearing. i really am in love with those little creatures: i wish you could see their side view. i'm just sayin'

and i'm SO flattered you posted my pic on your blog. are you kidding? i feel like a star.