Monday, February 2, 2009

"What are you listening to?" "Rick Astley..."

The other day I got "Rick Roll'd", and by the other day, I mean a long while ago, but I forgot about it until Mr. Astley came on my iPod today. It was a strange experience, I didn't really know what they were goofing at until I realized something, Rick Astley isn't black!

Let's back pedal for a second. You do know who Rick Astley is, you just don't know you do. He sings the "never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, never gonna run around and desert you" and a song that sounds eerily similar, "together forever and never to part, together forever we two, and don't you know I would move heaven and earth to be together forever with you."

When these songs came out, he was not only not black, but he was a scrawny 21 year old white kid with red hair. I have officially lost all faith in my audition, which I used to consider a gift, oh well. More power to you, Rick!

Click here to watch the "Never Gonna Give You Up" pop-up video!

No comments: