Sunday, February 15, 2009

Koalas.

I'm not alone in how I've been affected by the fires in Australia. It is absolutely heartbreaking. But I wanted to share this news story I heard yesterday on Weekend Edition that left me in tears. I couldn't stop thinking about it. When I went to NPR's website to listen to it again, I read this: "The koala carer featured in this report reminds me that hidden within every story of human-induced tragedy and mayhem are stories of intense human caring. Behind the reports of war carnage are families taking in homeless children; behind arson fires are individuals caring for wounded fellow creatures. Remembering this can protect one from becoming a complete misanthrope in the face of human events." I hope that we can all experience this level of caring and being cared for at some point.

When you have 4 minutes, go and listen to this.

Also, if you haven't seen the video of the firefighter giving a koala water, you should check that out as well. Don't you just love koalas? I love them.

To donate to the Australian RSPCA, go here.

Stay safe.

No comments: