Monday, December 29, 2008

Keeping up Appearances

Just call me Hyacinth.

For Christmas, I was not sure what to do for my father. But the idea crossed my mind that sometimes "family" means feigning acceptance for other people's stupidity. So, to make it look like I'm not judging anyone (i.e. my father) for disregarding common sense (i.e. being a total moron) I made this.



It was totally fun, despite the purpose of making it. I made a stencil out of contact paper and then just painted cream linen with black fabric paint. I added batting and stapled it into the frame, then polished it off with dust cloth, like it was an upholstered piece of furniture, and little picture hanger thingies.

Go ahead and try it. It's almost too much fun. I'm going to make a variation for my cousin's adorable son, Asher. And one for you too, if you'd like.

2 comments:

Deanna said...

d-e-a-n-n-a

Britt said...

wait, so is your dad's name isaac? jk. you know an asher? me, too! my nephew; he's the best. LOVE the project :)