Monday, December 22, 2008

John Galliano is pretty darn cool.

So, I don't want to admit to buying "Influence" by MK & Ashley Olsen as soon as it came out, but I did. I am, shamefully enough, a pretty big fan of Ashley and her great fashion choices. They compiled an amazing roster of subjects, and I enjoyed reading all of the interviews. Some of the interviews left something to be desired, but given the fact that the majority of their education came from the tutors on the Full House set, I feel like these girls have done really well for themselves.

I am a HUGE fan of John Galliano. For those of you who don't know or care, he designs for his own label and the couture and ready-to-wear labels of Christian Dior, so essentially hardcore genius!

I really enjoyed reading the interview that MK & Ashley did with him, there was a lot about taking inspiration from every aspect of life, which I really appreciate. This is my favorite part:

MKO: What do you find to be the most beautiful part of a woman's body?
JG: That all depends on the woman: her smile, her eyes, her neck, her curves, her joie de vivre.
AO: Who are other women you admire? You've vocalized your appreciation for the female form in the past--do you have a muse?
JG: A muse is ever evolving, ever changing, ever elusive. The perfect woman is out there, and she is many things, many moods, many women. But the one I am chasing is ever evolving, so I must travel the world to catch a glimpse of her. I am on the lifelong quest to inspire her, dress her, seduce her. A muse is a strange, elusive, and exotic thing that cannot be caught. She is a free spirit that I hope to keep up with, hope to delight.

No comments: