Monday, November 11, 2013

cliché girl

I am pretentious. It's just sort of how I roll. Sometimes I am reminded just how unsubstantiated my pretense actually is.

As I was trying to catch up on episodes of The Voice (1) this long weekend, I fell in LOVE with Say Something (2). It helps that I've been an anxiety ridden, emotional wreck for about a month, but this song is awesome for me right now.



Then, Becky lent me a copy of "The Fault in Our Stars" and told me to read it.  I started it without realizing it was a YA novel. I started it without knowing it was about teenagers with cancer. Had I known either of those things I probably would have written it off as some saccharine, Nicholas Sparks-esque business.* I started it knowing only that Becky hoped I would like it. I devoured it in a few hours last Thursday. (3) I now want to read everything that John Green has written. Fan girl. (4)

I've also been really in to Tegan & Sara's newest album. (5) And I feel like such a tool about that because it is way poppier than all of their other albums. I have and like them; I just don't love them as much as I love, love this album. (6) Keep it poppy! Keep it snappy!



So cliché.

*I've still never been able to sit through The Notebook, despite Goslovin being in it. I guess I'm not a real girl yet.



3 comments:

exclusive_remedy said...

I loved 'The Fault in Our Stars'. But, I need to tell you that I then read 'Paper Towns' by him and I think I loved it more. You should check it out.

Also - miss you!

joojierose said...

clearly i'm not a real girl either.

an emotional wreck for the last month? hey now, what's up dearie? hope you're well. sending love.

Britt said...

I've also had "Say Something" on repeat lately...totes emo. Maybe I'll also jump on this YA train! Let's chat soon. Like, I'll put it on my to-do list.