Thursday, April 12, 2012

What I miss about middle school?

A whole lotta nothing.

That being said, I have fun now. Today I helped chaperon a day-time end of quarter party. It was super hilarious. I only sort of danced around like an idiot, mostly I was watching from the wings as the little socially-inept 'tweens stood around.


Favorite thing #1 had to be the geriatric DJ- he was so stoic as he played "I'm Sexy and I know it" and some like six year old* T-Pain action with "Apple Bottom Jeans."
Favorite thing #2 was a little goth-dressed girl getting her jam on to aforementioned songs, and singing along to every word. It was super precious. 


*How is this song still getting serious airplay? It's fun and dancy, but it's been YEARS. I knew this song when I was still back in Provo, (I moved back to P-town at the end of 2007) and my young friends at DA and I would jam out to that and to Hata Blockaz:


(It was that or Rascal Flatts with those kids, and you can bet your sweet, sweet bippy I'll take Acafool and T-Pain over those whiny dudes every time.)

2 comments:

Melinda said...

I too revel in the awkwardness of middle school children. It's very entertaining! And yes, they need better DJ's at school dances.

Deanna said...

DA jams...love those kids (most of the time).
xoxoxo