Thursday, September 27, 2012

Busted: a Confession

A few days ago, I was at the library when I got stopped by someone with a clipboard. My usual response to whatever the plea is, "I'm not registered to vote," thus making my signature on whatever petition they have null and undesirable. This generally works like a charm. This time, when I got stopped, I very politely said, "oh, I'm not registered to vote," before this nice man had an opportunity to tell me what he was doing. As soon as I said those words I saw on his clipboard the Voter's Registration Card. Wah wah. He said, "great, we can get you registered right now!" At which point I had no choice but to confess that I lied. When I told him that was my usual deflection and that I am in fact registered, and have been since a few weeks before my 18th birthday, since an election was a week after, he didn't look super amused.

Yes, I lie to strangers.

1 comment:

Michael and Natalie said...

Dude, at least you didn't lie to the federal government and register again!