Wednesday, May 30, 2012

At least Anchorage has the excuse of being bitterly cold, like, all the time.

I just saw that SLC was voted the second worst dressed city in America, and with the fewexception of some of my more fashionable friends who live in the Beehive state, it is so true I can't even handle it. (Although I would push for first place.) The people at Travel and Leisure equate this to an over-peppering of polo shirts, but I'd have to submit the true crimes against fashion are sleeved shirts under tanktop dresses, platform flip flops, and a constant borage of tshirts and ill-fitting jeans on men and women, like it's a required uniform. (It actually might be. You can never be too sure when it comes to Utah.)

They also say that it is a clean city, to which I say, what city are you talking about? Sure, you'd be hard-pressed to find someone peeing on a sidewalk and there are very few cigarette butts floating around, but between the gross industry, the mine you can see from space, and the fact that no one reuses or recycles anything, oh, and all that gross-ness up and down I-15 --clean is not a word I'd ever use to describe Salt Lake, but neither is fashionable, so overall I agree.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Ha! That is hilarious and I agree!

Melinda said...

also, I just have to say I really hate platform flip flops.