Monday, June 13, 2011

The F-book.

I got on Facebook for the first time in a VERY long time last week. I went to remind my friend Joanna to start a group on Facebook that she'd mentioned a few times. I thought "why not remind her in a place where she can do something about it".  I proceeded to chide her, completely inappropriately, and then I remembered that I never shared that amazing quote from Scott Pilgrim vs. The World with Mandi that I meant to. I posted: Well, if my cathedral of cutting-edge taste holds no interest for your tragically Canadian sensibilities, then I shall be forced to grant you a swift exit from the premises... and a fast entrance into hell!  to her wall. (P.S. in what kind of perfect hipster universe are Jason Schwartzman and Mikey Cera fighting over a girl? In Scott Pilgrim, that's where.) Then, I saw that my friend Jen sent my old friend Kristen a message about Kristen's moving to the East coast. This led to me going to a bunch of friends' pages and wrote messages - basically did a little fbook stalking, and wasted away the hours until I could fall asleep. 

What has been amazing is in the days since my little venture on to Facebook, so many of my friends have made comments about how I was "all over Facebook" the other day, and how surprised they were to see that. 
I don't think I'll get on the good old fbook again for awhile, but I remember now why it was so much fun back in the day.

No comments: