Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Dear July,

I'm sure you know you haven't ever held a special place in my heart as far as months go, but I feel like we need to have a little conversation. In the past I haven't liked you very much because you've been sweltering hot - but I feel you're over compensating now. (Just because you're not my favorite month doesn't mean everyone else doesn't love you!) A high of 72 today and it was cloudy, breezy and rainy? That's not you. Are you feeling ok? Are you depressed? WebMD has a depression quiz online. I'm not saying medication is right for everybody, but this whole rainy and cloudy business in the middle of you is just not normal, and it really has got to stop. Some of us have things to do outside. Not the least of which is frolic about like Hot Hot Heat. 

Mostly, I want you to get back to your old self, and I'd love for Portland to see the sun for longer than two days at a time. We get so much rain, that we depend upon you July for vitamin D to carry us through the rest of the year. Please, get help July. We need you back to your old self, pronto.

Best regards,
Molly

No comments: