Sunday, January 3, 2010

Note to karaoke self:

-Neither you nor Shara know "Motownphilly". Just because you know a smidgen more than Shara does not mean you should hop up and grab a mic. DO NOT EVER attempt it again. Even if there is no one there, like tonight.

-Similarly, don't sign up for songs you haven't listened to in years. There could be long instrumental breaks, awkward keys, or any number of disastrous things you aren't prepared for.

-You also don't know how "Midnight Train to Georgia" ends*. (Gladys and the Pips would be so sad) And talk-singing is only a good idea for William Shatner and Rex Harrison.

-You do know "Mercy".

-Next time sign up for "Shoop". (You KNOW that.) But not "The Shoop Shoop song" that is in a bad key for you.



*LONGEST ENDING EVER! And the karaoke screen had lyrics I've never, ever heard, and I've listened to that song lots and lots.

2 comments:

Britt said...

At least most karaoke listeners are usually drunk, and therefore an awesome audience regardless?

exclusive_remedy said...

I am so sorry that I never got to come but I was at work when you called me and then I had to run out to my previous engagement (it was nothing spectacular - but it sounds great when I say it like that right?) Okay, I will be gone Jan 13-25 but I want to come after that.