Monday, January 31, 2011

Have You Heard: Footloose

Yesterday at the gym, sitting in the quiet of the sauna, one of my favorite songs, Footloose (yes, I said "favorite"- judge away)  came on my iPod. I have listened to this song hundreds of times (I've seen the movie it was from .5 times.) but yesterday I heard something I'd never heard before. Between seconds :05-:12, right as the bass has come in, there is some weird Kenny Loggins' vocalizing. Have you heard this before? Am I the last to know? Is this why you judged me for having this as one of my favorite songs?

The trouble is, I am now wondering if I'll like one of my old classics less because of it. It's pretty obnoxious - but I haven't noticed it until now. So maybe there's hope? Why Kenny Loggins? Why?

1 comment:

Deanna said...

I totally love it when this song is played at dances. I sometimes even wish I have a long flowing skirt so I can grab it and give it a shake while dancing.
xoxoxo