Thursday, October 9, 2008

Shout Out

I feel like I need to give a shout out to Thelma & Jooj's gang, The transpacific sketch project. I am always introduced or reminded of something delightful - today especially. The first post I read today was my FAVORITE excerpt from Love Song for J. Alfred Prufrock. And when I say FAVORITE excerpt, I mean, T.S. Eliot is a genius and every time I read it I feel a certain kinship with all of humanity. It makes me a better person, until my mind segues back into my normal mode of operation.

And then, THEN, Andrew Bird appeared. HOLY CRAP, this is what I wish I were creative enough to do with my 12 years of classical violin training.



SHOOT, he is so good. I am in awe. So thanks, transpacific kids!

2 comments:

joojierose said...

few things have made me miss paris as much as this video.

and wtf? you really have that much violin training? how do i not know this? now i feel like i'm a stranger to you molly. alas.

Thelma said...

I didn't know that you played violin!? That's awesome