For the last week of school I helped the librarian close down the library. I was given the task to re-label as many books as I could. I got through all of the hardback fiction and all of the animal, cooking, craft and art nonfiction books. I found some really winners.
1. "Llamas-Wooly, Winsome & Wonderful"-- The back cover was so hilarious, I actually started looking through the book.
The dedication page is also pretty hilarious.
2. This library had not one but two copies of "How to Raise and Train Pigeons" - a skill my friend Ashley and I have often found ourselves wishing we had.
3. This book is called, "How to be your cat's best friend." Just saying -- her cat doesn't look that in to it.
4. "Norby The Mixed-Up Robot" Isaac Asimov? Really? I know you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but I definitely, definitely am. And I'm deducing that Norby is in love with the transgendered unitard wearer and is rescuing him/her from the clutches of the evil (though if I understood Shrek correctly, misunderstood) dragon.
5. "It's like this, cat" - I realize that a lot of these are about cats, but cats are funnier than dogs.
6. "Star Ka'at" - This happened.
7. "my darling, my hamburger" weird.
The moment I saw this, I thought of the immortal veggietales song about a cheeseburger.