Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A brief shout out to LaMatt

I have played several games of Words with Friends with my buddy LaMatt (not his real name, but it is a real nickname inspired by our mutual friend LaMarcus Aldridge). I usually let him lose, sometimes not giving him a shot in the dark, because I'm a mean person. (this is not news.) At the start of our most recent game, he said, "I don't know why I keep playing you." To which I snottily responded, "You're a masochist. I'm a sadist. It's a symbiotic relationship. I jest. You keep playing me because you've gotten close to wining more than once, and can't wait to wallop me on the virtual board."

After this, maybe he was inspired, and I was just not having my A-game, but he soundly beat me. And by soundly, I mean, a good 50 points. I don't think it was either of our best games, our board was set up very precariously, and we had to make awkward and short moves that didn't lend themselves well to follow-up play, but he won.

No comments: