Saturday, November 28, 2009

A note to Ryan.

A week ago there was a going away party for one of my favorite people, whom we will call "Ryan" (because that is his name). At this party, Ryan asked me if I was going to blog about it. So, here it is, sort of.
Ryan happens to be one of the most charming and charismatic people I've ever met. One time when we were going to meet for trivia, I sent him a text saying, "I'll be carrying a copy of Pride and Prejudice and a red rose." He responded by sending me this picture:
along with a description of what he'd be wearing, something about a trench coat... ahem. This might also be the time to mention that he is an equal opportunity flirt, which I think more people need to be. Gold star, Ryan!
Last Saturday when I said he was one of my favorite people, he seemed shocked, and asked if I liked him better than Obama. Without getting on a political soapbox, let me just say, Obama = not a favorite, while Ryan = a favorite.

Ryan, now that you are where you were going away to, have so much fun, and know that you are missed.

2 comments:

Analee said...

What!?!? The legendary equal opportunity flirt left?!?! I'm soooo disappointed I never met him. *sigh* You should find someone to replace him.

sara said...

Little known fact: I watched "Sleepless in Seattle" with a dozen folks at an event on Saturday morning entitled "Chick Flicks & Cereal." You would have loved it- jammies (pajamas) were a requirement, as was no showering. What do you say you & I meet at the top of the Empire State building? (I'm not kidding.)