Friday, August 20, 2010
Five Things Friday
It's time for another five!
1. This cover of Life Magazine that I saw in Sweet Dee's apartment on Always Sunny. Kind of thinking I need it on my wall.
2. Kelly Ripa's Fashion Finder - Now I never have to suffer through any of Regis to learn what the delightful Kelly is wearing - that's a good thing!
3. Levis Pioneer Sessions - My friend Deanna emailed me about these free and delightful songs months ago - I promptly downloaded a couple, and then have subsequently downloaded more and more, and they add songs all of the time. How I love Raphael Saadiq's version of "It's A Shame" - he's come a long way from Tony! Toni! Tone!
4. Sticks and Bricks - I LOVE THIS BLOG! I emailed Liz aka Carpenter Ant a while ago about how she learned to wield a router and hone her craft so magically and she was as nice and informative as I could have hoped for. Such a sweet and talented lady. I am constantly inspired by the transformative power she harnesses on pieces that need a lot of love. i.e. this before and after:
and this dresser with beautiful routed flowers:
5. Hermes' j'aime mon carre - because you know I do!! I love that Hermes is going for the younger crowd, and gunning hard to make scarves popular again. I'm there, Hermes, I'm there (with my Kelly in tow!)