Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Democracy is fun again!

Tavis Smiley (who is pretty fantastic) said something on NBC tonight that I loved. Something like, "[electing Barack Obama] sends a clear message to America and to the world, that we are a better nation than how we've been behaving." I could not agree more. In fact, it makes me want to sing "God Bless the USA" by Lee Greenwood. Scratch that, nothing could make me sing that song, or even listen to it. I'll just stick with the Jackie Wilson song that played before Barack came out in Chicago, "Your Love keeps Lifting me Higher."

Suffice it to say, I am thrilled.

4 comments:

joojierose said...

huzzah!!!

Deanna said...

No comment.
xoxoxo

whitney allison said...

Um, ok Molly I can handle the fact that our political views differ and didn't expect anything but you singing Obama's praises but I cannot handle, even for a second you knocking God Bless the USA by Lee Greenwood!!! And you call yourself an American. I'd sing it to you word for word if you were near. Word for word.

If tomorrow all the things were gone I worked for all my life...

beckie said...

Aren't you Proud to be an american?