Thursday, September 4, 2008

An Open Letter To TV:

Dear TV,

I am writing because I am concerned I will be spending too much time with you this fall season.

Monday: Gossip Girl
Wednesday: Pushing Daisies, Project Runway (and potentially Top Design)
Thursday: My Name is Earl, The Office & 30 Rock (and so I'll probably watch Kath & Kim too, because why watch 90 minutes of TV when you can watch a 2 hour block?)
Friday: Bill Moyer's Journal

I am looking at seven hours of TV a week, and that's not even counting the occasional viewing of Coupling, You Are What you Eat, Cash Cab, or How Clean is Your House.

I think I need to cut some out. Sadly, and thankfully, Project Runway will end soon after Fashion Week. Maybe I'll stop Gossip Girl since I hate the story lines and most of the characters? But what about the delightful times watching with Becky, Shara & Lindsey. Oh TV, I need to get a life - but can I give up 30 Rock or Pushing Daisies? TV, remember when I hated you? Those were better times for me, I think. You've done me wrong before, but also brought me a lot of enjoyment.

I guess I need to work this out for myself, and definitely work on doing something whilst watching the copious amounts of you, but thanks for listening.

Also, can do me a favor and get rid of a few of the CSI's and Law & Orders...they are pretty much lame. Thanks.

Your old friend,
Molly

1 comment:

Britt said...

don't have cable; that and the combination of a full-time job...i'm probably watching 1/3 of the TV i used to. maybe even less. at least you have good taste--you could be sitting infront of the TV much more often if you lowered your standards.