Monday, July 21, 2014

I'm a loser

I am thoroughly entertained by the 15/16 year olds I teach in Sunday School. They are a delightful bunch. We joke around and have fun, but still get the job done. Generally before class I like to see how life is going for each of them. When one of the girls said to another, "how far are you in Supernatural?" I had to editorialize and give a thumbs down along with a Bronx cheer. She then said, "you're such a loser," not in a jovial way, but in a woah-there's-a-lot-of-hostility-there-fangirl kind of way.

There are few things I enjoy more than when people jump straight to character assaults over disagreements. Especially concerning humanity buoying art like Supernatural.

She spent the rest of class being angry at me, and I spent the rest of class asking her questions and asking her to read passages. Here's hoping next week we can patch things up.